We are the Number One Food and Drink experience in Launceston! We are proud to announce that Prestige Leisure Tours is at the top of the Launceston Food and Drink listing on Tripadvisor – an online traveller’s guide based on customer feedback.
Caverns & Creatures Day Tour
- Be guided underground to explore the cave system and view the beautiful glow worms
- Magnificent backdrop of the Great Western Tiers
- Guided tour of the Marakoopa Cave in Mole Creek
- Lunch at Christmas Hills Raspberry Farm
- Visit Trowunna Wildlife Sanctuary to meet the Tasmanian Devils, Kangaroos and cuddle a Wombat!
Discover the magic of the hills and the valleys, the rivers and the mountains and even below ground. The Mole Creek Caves are a highlight not to be missed.
The Great Western Tiers, a rugged escarpment stands tall, stark and is an ever changing backdrop. We travel through peaceful villages and artisan townships reflecting the influence of early English settlers.
We then head underground at the Marakoopa Cave, a dramatic limestone cave in the Mole Creek Karst National Park. This area is the last known sighting of the Tasmanian Tiger (Thylacine). The Marakoopa Cave features two underground streams, a large fascinating display of glow worms, rim pools, perfect reflections and dramatic stalagmites and stalactites.
We then travel to the Christmas Hills Raspberry Farm. This is the place you can feast on some truly delectable fresh raspberry inspired country style food. Enjoy the complimentary lunch and indulge in some of their delicious raspberry products, such as chocolate dipped raspberries, or rich creamy raspberry ice cream.
No trip to Tasmania is complete without a visit with our iconic Tasmanian Devils or an encounter with an adorable wombat. On the way home from Cradle Mountain we stop at Trowunna Wildlife Sanctuary for a close encounter with our very local creatures that will make your perfect day complete.
- Entry to Marakoopa Cave Tour, Trowunna Wild Life Park and lunch is all included
- A mild level of fitness is required to access the cave steps
- Warm clothing is advised as the interior of the cave is a constant nine degrees
9.30 AM to 5.00 PM
$195.00 per person